Thursday, September 10, 2009

help

Emma, Isaac and I spent the past couple of weeks recuperating in Great Falls with my family. It was wonderful! I got to frequent my favorite GF haunts including Bob's Big Stack Bagel Bakery (owned by long time family friend Bob McNamee. He catered our wedding and made our wedding cake!), Taco Treat, and Gibson Park. Emma loved the park, too, but we weren't able to stay too long because it was quite warm that day and I forgot the sun screen. Isaac slept the whole time. We also went to the Children's Museum of Montana and were the only ones there! Emma had a great time. Isaac again slept the whole time. My grandmother on my Mom's side - Grandma Jeanne (the reason my middle name is Jeanne) celebrated her 85th birthday. Happy birthday again, Grandma! Glad I could share it with you.

This 30 ft boat was built by a family friend, Dick Martin, and actually does float. He donated it to the Children's Museum.

Crawling through the tunnel


Racing the cars. Her favorite attraction at the Children's Museum


Driving the boat/ice cream shop

Grandma Jeanne on her big day

Admiring the ducks at Gibson Park

She would have spent all day swinging if I would have let her

More swinging

We also got to watch Sam play football a couple of times. Sam is carrying on the strong tradition of Wingerter football men. Ben and Jake were both quaterbacks and Nick was a defensive end. I think my Dad even played in high school. Sam is a sophmore this year and plays for both the sophomore team and JV team. However, the varsity quaterback is not doing too hot so there's talk Sam might have to move up and play varsity, which he's not too excited about. Unfortunately, the Bison football coaching program is not the greatest and the teams seem to reflect that this year. In both JV games I watched, the team didn't even score. Makes for long games.

Sam playing football - he's the guy trying not to be sacked. Interestingly, his cousin is the guy on the other team trying to tackle him. My favorite thing about this picture is #93 who is no doubt thinking "huh, maybe I should have blocked that guy"

We also got to watch Maddie play a basketball scrimmage. She's in 6th grade this year, which is unbelievable to me. Also unbelievable to me is how different from me she is. She has such a better relationship with my parents than I did at her age, mostly because she actually talks to them! She's also a lot taller and thinner than I was. She's pretty darn cute. She is such a big help with the kids, too. What an awesome aunt!

Maddie playing basketball - she's #14

Thanks again Mom and Dad for letting us stay! You're the best.

No comments: