Friday, February 8, 2008

look mom no coat!

With the unseasonably warm weather here lately, we've decided to get outdoors more. We found a great lake in Raleigh, Lake Johnson, and a great park between Raleigh and Durham called William B. Umstead State Park. These first pictures are from Lake Johnson. It has paved loop trail around it that is about 2.5 miles long. The day we went (in February mind you) it was 78. That's why Emma doesn't have a jacket or long pants on. We really weren't trying to freeze her. I even broke a sweat a little bit!

Boathouse at Lake Johnson with Nate in the foreground

Notice Emma's pigtails. How cute!

Emma and Mommy at Lake Johnson Bridge


One of my favorite parts of the lake. They have rocking chairs to relax at the boathouse after a long walk

The other park we found is the Umstead State park which is strategically placed near the airport. At over 5,500 acres, there's lots of room to play! Although none of the trails are paved, there are lots of multi-use trails that are supposed to be for horses and bikes, but strollers luckily work too. Unfortunately, the map did not have any indication of miles, so our hike turned out to be a little long. We spent nearly four hours there! Oh well, next time we'll know.


Ready for a long walk


You can't tell very well by the picture, but by the end of the hike, I carried Emma back to the car because she was sleeping

2 comments:

Nateusmoore said...

I'm cute and I have my own blog... waaaaaah.... just kidding. Very cute pictures. Hope all is well out east!

Nick said...

Hey guys! I love the new blog. you little baby isn't all that little anymore. hmm... I probably will not make it down for graduation since I fly out for Guatemala on May 13th, so that sucks. I hope all is great back east and I will see you all in a few months! Love you tons!
Nick