Thursday, November 20, 2008

taco

The past few days Emma has been beating me to the punch when I get her up in the morning. I'll open the door and she'll immediately say "Hi baby!" Today though she said "Hi little taco!" Little taco is what I call her after her bath when I wrap her up in her towel because she looks just like a taco and almost as edible! So I thought I might give you all a taste of our bedtime routine. For future Emma, I am sorry if you find this totally disturbing, but I couldn't help myself. You are just too darn cute!

The first thing she likes to do is watch the water fill up in the tub after she gets undressed. Normally she has a bare butt when she does this, but for her sake, I left her diaper on.

Where's the water?


Next it's bath time. Most of the time she likes to play around, but there are days when she's straight to business and will even start washing herself. Today she was in a more playful mood.



Then it's time to wrap up the baby! Here's where "little taco" comes from.

Little taco


Can't forget to brush your teeth! Emma doesn't seem to actually brush, though. She kind of just sucks on the toothbrush. But you can rate her performance for yourself. Sorry about it being tilted.



Next I make sure her hair is all nice and neat. As you can see from the video and the picture below, her hair is getting pretty long. It has been about a year since her last haircut and I begrudgingly admit she needs another one. Grandma LaVonne is coming to visit in a few weeks and I think we'll wait for her before engaging in the haircutting action. She was there for her first haircut, so it only seems right.

So fresh and so clean, clean

After a few stories (tonight we read Little Cloud by Eric Carle), it's time for bed. I tuck Emma in and give her goodnight kisses. She now requires me to also give goodnight kisses to Mr. Bear and Mr. Bunny. She holds them up for me to kiss. It's very sweet. After the kisses, I never hear a peep from her. I often think she's asleep before I close the door!

Sleepy girl



No comments: