Friday, August 8, 2008

fabulous in seattle

We spent last weekend taking a really quick trip to Seattle for my friend Carmen's wedding. We decided not to take Emma with us, but I struggled with the decision for quite awhile. I wanted everyone to see her, but I knew she would not find the 11 hour car ride quite as enjoyable as I did. Although I did miss her, we had a great time in Seattle. We got to see a Mariners game (my first pro baseball game. Crazy I know!) It's too bad they're not having their best season this year. It was still fun yelling I-CHI-ROO!!! and RAUL!!!! when they were up to bat.

Our sweet seats at the mariners game


Safeco by night. I was surprisingly cold at the game

We stayed with our friends Danielle and Pavel and their 3 month old son, Enzo who is gorgeous. They were great hosts and the house looked great. They've put a lot of work in since buying it early last year.

The happy family: Danielle, Pavel, and Enzo


Danielle and Enzo


Nate and I pre-wedding

Being in Seattle really made me miss the area. The shopping for one thing. Everything seemed the same as when we left, with a few notable exceptions. Our favorite coffee place, Triple J cafe in Kirlkand, is no longer in existence and is now some restaurant. We tended to be starbucks snobs when we lived in WA (sorry Sean!) and preferred local coffee places. Our other blow came when we tried to have lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, City Thai which was also closed. This scene was even more depressing, however, because nothing moved into the space it used to occupy so it sat there as an empty monument to the carefree, kid-free lifestyle we had when we lived there. The annual seafair celebration was going on while we were there and so the I-90 bridge to Seattle was closed. One thing I don't miss about Seattle is the traffic!

The wedding was great. It was in my friend Lynn's backyard. She lives on Lake Sammamish. It was a small, short ceremony. Just how Carmen wanted it. She of course looked beautiful. The reception was at a small restaurant in Redmond called Sages. The food was spectacular! Unfortunately, the small size didn't allow enough space for a dance floor, much to my and more importantly Nate's (who loves to cut a rug after he's had a few glasses of wine) chagrin. I'm pretty sure Carmen and Sean planned it that way. Carmen has a trade mark dance called the Matrix (long story) but other than that, I don't think she's very comfortable dancing, and I'm sure Sean's not either. So they left the reception around 8:30 and we left just behind them.

Walking down the aisle


Sean saying his vows


You may kiss the bride


The newly married couple


Lynn and the best man in front of the get away car


The trip back seemed to take forever, but I was so glad to get home to see my baby. Although I miss Seattle and the lifestyle we had there, I would never, ever say I would regret where my life has taken me. Emma is the best thing to happen to both of us. Truly a blessing.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

AWWW! I loved your recount of the wedding. Pavel and I had such a great time with you and Nate and we miss you guys so much. I'm so glad we got to see each other again and we will make it out to you.