Wednesday, August 20, 2008

waiting

Not much to report lately. We've moved out of our apartment and are currently living with my uncle Tom and aunt Janine until our closing date August 29th. We had our inspection last Thursday and the house seems fine, which is a relief. So everything looks like it's on track. Interest rates kinda suck right now so we had to lock in a rate of 6.375% compared to our last mortgage which was around 5.75%. Oh well, maybe we can refinance in a few years. We've ordered some new furniture and are shopping for a new washer and dryer. Here's some pics of Emma trying out some Emma-sized furniture:

Emma trying out the soccer ball chair


I loved this little rocking chair. It's so cute!


Tom and Jeanine have a cute park a few blocks from their house. Emma and I went to discover it yesterday only to find the sprinklers were on and were soaking half of the play equipment. So we played in the grass for about 45 minutes, but the sprinklers didn't turn off, so we headed back home because it was getting hot. Here's some shots at the park:

"Running" in the park


Her new favorite trick - pushing the stroller by herself


I'm also still waiting to hear back from the state about my nurse practitioner license, the last step of the licensure process. The board of nursing called me last week and asked that I send them a transcript directly from Duke, even though the transcript I sent them was sealed with Duke's seal. Apparently, there has been a lot of transcript fraud lately. The lady I spoke with was very nice and said that after they receive the transcript, everything should be good to go, so I'm still hoping I'll be able to start work at the beginning of September. Goodbye to letting my hair air dry and not wearing makeup! I also still don't have Emma's daycare lined up for sure. The place I'm going to be working primarily is St. John's retirement center and they have daycare facilities right on site. In Emma's age group, there is a Mom who is contemplating moving but has not made up her mind yet apparently. If she does end up moving, Emma would have her spot. If not, I'm not sure when she would get in, so I probably should start looking for temporary options. It's really weird to think about having someone else watch her. She's had about 2 weeks in daycare before when we were in North Carolina, but yet still got sick in those 2 weeks. The only illness she's had to date, so that makes me a little nervous too. Better save up my sick days!

1 comment:

Kelly Good said...

I'm so excited to find your blog! I didn't realize you had one too. Hope all is well in MT! Enjoy your last days of summer!!