Friday, July 11, 2008

bounce

Emma found a new hobby today - bouncing on exercise balls. I went on yet another house hunting adventure and left Emma with my Aunt Janie for a few hours. After I got back, we had a nice lunch with her family and my Aunt Janet's family. And then we discovered the art of Emma bouncing. I can't believe how much she enjoyed this! She would rather strongly protest when she wasn't on her ball and even bounced herself to sleep once I started bouncing with her. What a doll!

What a big girl up so high!


Playing with Katie (closest to Emma), Haley (to the right of Emma), Jessica, Haley's friend (to the left of Emma), and Jessica's baby sister Gracie (on the other ball)


Fell asleep bouncing


So sleepy


Nothing more precious than a sleeping baby


Janet and Janie are twins (uh, duh!) and my Dad's younger sisters.

My aunts Janie and Janet


I find twins to be such an oddity. Not in the freak show kind of way, but in the mirrors that exist in their lives. For example, Janet and Janie both have 2 kids, both have a girl and a boy. Janet's kids are Paul and Katie and Janie's kids and Haley and Kody. Paul and Haley are only a few months apart and so are Katie and Kody. They didn't plan to have kids at the same time. Haley and Katie both have type 1 diabetes that apparently does not run in the Wingerter family, but does run in both respective husband's families. Not that diabetes can't occur without family history, but it sure doesn't hurt. My aunts have even been know to get the same person the same card for a holiday without knowing it. Bizarre. I used to have a hard time telling them apart, but now I see they have very distinct personalities. I am really enjoying the extra time I get to spend with them. And I think Emma is too!

No comments: