Wednesday, July 16, 2008

the zoo

Today we went to the zoo. Zoo Montana to be exact. This is the only zoo probably within a 500 (maybe even more!) mile radius. So we're lucky we actually live here. After visiting lots of other zoos, I have to say it was a little disappointing, but Emma seemed to enjoy it and we had great company. My Aunt Janet and her kids Paul and Katie joined us, along with Kody (Aunt Janie's son), my Grandma Sharon (Emma's great grandma) and Grandma Kale (Emma's great great grandma). We saw peacocks, eagles, bighorn sheep, a grizzly bear (who looked so cute and cuddly), a tiger, and a wolf. We then went to the barn area where there were goats and chickens and beautiful, huge Belgian horses. Emma was enthralled with the horses. They also had a nice garden area where I got some good landscaping ideas.

A bald eagle. I always forget how big they are. A truly magnificent bird


Bruno the grizzly bear. Isn't he cute?!


Jake the horse. He was so loveable. If I had room, I'd have 2 or 3 horses.


Mr. Jake, the gentle giant as they call him

We decided to go early so it wouldn't be so hot, but it was still pretty warm. And because we went early, Emma didn't get her usual morning nap so she was a little cranky on the car ride to lunch, probably both from lack of sleep and have to sit for so long. After lunch, we got about 2 blocks in the car and she was all ready past out. I'm sure Grandma Kale wasn't far behind her. What a busy morning!

No comments: