Thursday, July 10, 2008

'lil shortie

Our doctor's appointment yesterday was fine. Dr. Gunville, our new pediatrician, is really nice. He said Emma is right on track with development and not to worry about the slow progress with walking. He also said not to worry about her smallish stature; she will likely remain at or near the 25% for height and weight throughout childhood. According to the growth chart, that means by age 20 she should be about 115 lbs and 5 foot 3. It's not bad, she'll just be short like her Mom. Hopefully her uncles won't give her as much guff for being short as they did me. Overall, she got a clean bill of health along with three shots. The appointment was at Billings Clinic so Nate was able to come too. He HATES when Emma gets her shots, although I think she handles it very well, he says when she cries that hard he feels sick to his stomach. Awhhh!

Today we returned to the library which Emma continues to love. We returned our overused books and got four new ones to entertain her for a few days. I love watching her thumb through the books on her own and babble along. I always wonder what kind of story she is imagining. There were lots of other kids there and Emma wanted so much to play with them, even though they were quite a bit older and didn't seem interested in her. Every time I tried to redirect her to a different area, she always crawled back to where the other kids were. She seems to be incredibly social and I think that's a great quality to have and I hate to dissuade her from interacting with the people around her. I think next time, I will let her play as she wants. I'm sure her teachers will tell me she gets along well with others but needs to concentrate more on what's going on.


Fun in the library


Playing with her shoe became more fun than looking at her book

No comments: