Thursday, July 24, 2008

home sweet home

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. We travelled to Great Falls last Friday to watch my brother Sam play in a tournament for his baseball allstar team. Unfortunately they lost in the championship game, but don't be too concerned. Sam started football camp the same evening, so he'll stay occupied.

Sam's allstar team from 2007


Since we have a family reunion this coming weekend, I decided Emma and I should just stay here in Great Falls this week. So we've been having fun hanging out with grandpa and grandma and all Emma's aunts and uncles. So far we have gone to visit the ducks at the duck pond park (otherwise known as Gibson park), I've rediscovered how much I suck at Guitar Hero, still waiting to try out my skills at Dance Dance Revolution (I have a feeling this is more my style), and have played in grandma's pool. I've also (tried) to devote a good deal of time to studying as I finally was able to register for my certification exam which I take August 1. So it's down to the wire!


Having fun at the duck pond



I can't believe how big Emma is getting. Sadly, my favorite pair of Emma shoes no longer fits her.

These shoes are going in the too small pile


She is walking better however. She now spends about 50% of her time walking and crawls the other 50%. She will get up and start walking on her own which I think is good progress. She also has been discovering more words lately. This is her current vocabulary:

  • hot
  • cold
  • bath
  • down
  • hi
  • bye
  • go
  • barney (my family dog's name)
  • ben
  • ma ma
  • da da
  • uh oh

One thing that's fun about being home is looking through old photos. Here are some old pictures of me. I wonder where Emma gets her good looks?!



Baby Miranda about 15 months old


Baby Miranda

No comments: