Thursday, July 3, 2008

a day of firsts

I wish I could report this was Emma's first day walking, but alas, 'twas not to be. She seems to be getting more stubborn on the issue. Last night Nate and I were trying to get her to walk between us, but as soon as she realized dad's hand was out of reach, she promptly sat down and crawled over to him. It's too bad our children inherit our not so good traits as well as the positive. I am reluctant to say I am quite a stubborn person. But hey, sometimes it works to my advantage!

So our day of firsts included Emma's first headband. Emma's hair is getting longer but is not quite long enough to keep behind her ears. I wanted to try a different hairstyle besides the pebbles pony tail. So I tried the headband look. Surprisingly Emma kept it on for almost the whole day, but I think it was a little big for her. I couldn't find any in the babies section so I got these in the regular hair accessories. I'm sure she'll grow into them though.

A new headband


Side view


Another first was tuna fish for lunch. I wasn't sure if Emma would like it or not, but I thought tuna fish sandwiches are a childhood staple, so I had to try it. I made an open-faced sandwich because I didn't think her little mouth could fit two pieces of bread and she loved it. It was such a mess though. The tuna didn't stay on the bread very well without a roof. But most of it made it in her mouth.

For dinner, we gave Emma her new fork to try for the first time. She very much enjoyed the prospect of stabbing her own dinner. Although it took her a few tries to get anything on the fork, once she did, she wanted to keep "playing" and would take the food off of the fork. She would not put anything in her mouth and would also not let us feed her, so she didn't eat a whole lot. I love her new found independence but come on girl, you have to eat too!


Sorry the image is a little shaky. I couldn't help but laugh.


We are heading to Helena for the 4th weekend to watch my brother Sam in a baseball tourney. Hope you all have a nice holiday weekend!

No comments: