Monday, July 14, 2008

parade of homes

Our weekend was again busy even though we weren't on the road. Saturday we looked at a few houses with our realtor and found a house we like and made an offer. More on that later. We then went to my grandparents house to do some laundry and then back to the real estate office to sign some paperwork.

Sunday we met up with my Aunt Jeanine and cousin Shannon (relatives from my Mom's side of the family) at Summerfair, put on by the Yellowstone Art Museum. It reminded me a lot of Saturday Market in Portland. There were lots of cool vendors, but we didn't find anything we couldn't live without, so we went home empty handed. We then joined them later in the evening at their house for beer, pizza, and washers. My Uncle Tom and other cousin Nate decided this event was a lot less girly than Summerfair so they were there as well. Emma made a new friend with Deuce, Tom and Jeanine's cocker spaniel. Although she was very wary of Deuce to begin with, much like George, her curiosity could not keep her away and soon she was crawling (yes, not walking) towards him and petting him to her heart's content. We capped off the evening with a game of washers. Tom built his own washer "court" and it works really well. It's a fun game both to watch and play. Sadly, I am really not good at this game. You think with so many brothers I would have caught on how to throw something with some decency, but no. As horrible as it sounds, the truth is I throw like a girl.

Emma after a chocolate chip cookie


Action shot of my cousin Nate playing washers and Shannon's friend Becca looking on


Nate and my cousin Shannon playing washers


Tom, Emma, and Deuce


My aunt Jeanine

Then today we found out the offer we made on the house was accepted! Plus, they are giving us $2000 at closing for painting. Horray! Our closing date is August 15th, so mark you calendars and if you're anywhere near Billings, painting and moving party at the Meuniers! I really like our house, although it took some convincing at first. This is the house I really liked. It had everything I wanted, but much to our chagrin (and their realtor's) they were not willing to drop the price. So we found the other place, and all in all it's just fine. The only drawback for me is that it's not a two story house, but it has great details inside and really nice landscaping. And it certainly doesn't have to be our forever house.

1 comment:

mary said...

Looks like an awesome home! I can't wait to see it!!